SHOP ASSISTANT (PERMANENT, FULL OR PART-TIME)
Love arts & crafts? Enjoy customer interactions? Wouldn't it be nice to work in a creative environment that you are passionate about?
Do you have retail experience and outstanding customer service skills? Do you have an interest in craft and design, or perhaps you simply have experience working in a sophisticated retail environment?
If you'd enjoy selling beautiful and unusual gifts to discerning customers of this high-quality independent gift shop then this role would be ideal for you. You will keep up to date with information about the products on display and have a flair for speaking with customers in an engaging and professional manner.
You will demonstrate initiative and be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the customer. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a passion for our products which in turn make them an exemplary ambassador for our brand as well as our partners.
Additional duties include:
- Greeting customers who enter the shop and answering any query they may have in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Giving advice and guidance to customers, if required, on product selection.
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments and balancing the till.
- Replenishing shelves with the correct products.
- Reporting any discrepancies and problems to the management team.
- Responsible for security within the store and being vigilant at all times.
Full-time (5 days, 35 hours) or part-time (4 to 7-hour shifts). You must also be willing to work weekends & public holidays.
National living wage (for age group) plus additional £1 per hour after successful completion of the probationary period.
Email a covering letter and your up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call 0330 660 0582 for more information.